Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Braeden's first day of 'school' 2012

Braeden is enrolled in Crossings church Mother's Day Out which we affectionately refer to as school. We think its good prep now for Braeden to sort of know what school is when pre-school hits us square in the face next year :-( (I CANNOT believe he is almost old enough for that)

I have been really trying to prep myself for it all summer. Last year he went to 'school' on Thursdays from 9:30am-noon. This year is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am-2:30pm. HUGE adjustment for me. I am used to having my little buddy by my side almost all the time. I mean, I do enjoy breaks from him, please do not misunderstand. But 11 hours a week?? My little heart is breaking.

I mean, just look at this handsome kid being all big with his backpack...but still small with "Soufie" his teddy bear :-)

Then he had to try out his new 'rest time' mat in the middle of the hallway:

As uncomfortable as that must have been it didn't deter him from having a great first day! I walked him to his class where he immediately walked right back in the room with nary a glance at me. I was thrilled as I was hoping the separation anxiety would be entirely on my part..that makes it easier for us both. He has 2 very nice teachers and he was thrilled to have new toys to play with.

After chatting with his teachers for a few minutes to get the gist of his day and things they needed from me, he was so happily playing I decided to just go. I was afraid if I said "Bye Braeden! Have a fun day! Give me a hug!" that he might realize I was leaving, melt down, and cry that he didnt want to be at school and my sensitive heart couldnt take it. So I just left without telling him bye. That decision was ok until about 2 steps down the hall when I lost it myself. I mean, it was going to be 5.5 hours before I saw him again and I didnt say bye!!! But each second that passed it was making it a worse and worse idea to go back and remind him I hadnt left yet. So I cried in the car for about 30 minutes.
But, then I had to pull myself together because I had 4 hours (literally) worth of errands to run. After that I ran home, inhaled lunch, cried a bit more, and went to pick him up 15 minutes early. He was right where I left him, playing with cars! His teacher said he had a great day, used the big boy potty and got along with everyone. All 10 of the kids in his class are boys! HA! She said he almost took a nap but it was too noisy for him she thought (remember this in a minute). 

I asked him about his day and he said he played with cars and outside on the playground. He was happy to see me and hugged me for a while. 

Fast forward 2.5 hours and I find him like this after watching a show:

Poor kid is completely tuckered out. I guess school was alot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment